URAC Best Practices Award in Consumer/Patient Safety for “Reduction in Regional Variation of X-ray Utilization”
National Business Group on Health Gold “Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle” Award
“Best Places to Work in San Diego,” San Diego Business Journal
Silver “California Fit Business Award,” California Task Force on Youth and Workplace Wellness
“100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare,” Modern Healthcare
“America’s 15 Fittest Companies,” Men’s Fitness
“10 Best Workplaces in San Diego,” San Diego Magazine
Seven-time honoree of Inc. 5000 “Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America”
“Healthiest Employers in San Diego,” San Diego Business Journal
Ernst & Young “National Entrepreneur of the Year in Health Sciences” Award
“Regional Entrepreneur of the Year in Health Sciences” Award (San Diego)
AHIP (America’s Health Insurance Plans) Innovators Award
Inc. 5000- Fastest Growing Private Companies in America
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced Associate Manager to join our Customer Service Fitness department. This position will direct all activities in the Fitness Call Center, meet all performance standards and established goals of the organization.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
• Minimum of 7 years progressive experience in a call center of which at least 3 years have been in a supervisory capacity.
• Familiarity with specialty health care (HMO, PPO, POS and related plans).
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Effective leadership skills.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills; with the ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
• Develops, manages, evaluates and is responsible for all activities within assigned scope of authority. Ensures accuracy and productivity achieves/exceeds company standards.
• Evaluates daily telephone reports and call flows. Reports results to Senior Management and identifies and resolves barriers to achieve results including adjustments to staff schedules to accommodate the volume of incoming calls.
• Ensures the Customer Service Agents are providing courteous and accurate information to their callers by ensuring the proper training is completed, on-going educational meetings are conducted and one-on-one time is scheduled with their supervisor. Assists in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the call centers and assisting with difficult/complex issues
• Assists the manger with implementing and monitoring operations policies and procedures and quality oversight to ensure compliance with regulatory accreditation, health plan delegation, and ASH standards
• Assists with hiring, training and retaining high performance and injury free team members including determining staffing needs for temporary, part-time and full-time personnel and making recommendations to the Manager.
• Conveys clear and concise messages appropriate to intended audience; represents ASH in a professional manner through effective oral and written communication
• Demonstrates good judgment through appropriate delegation while maintaining proper oversight and follow up; prepares leadership staff for situational delegation by directing, educating and evaluating supervisory staff.
• Uses effective project management skills and tools to facilitate projects, remove barriers, monitor milestones, and accomplish deliverables according to plan.
• Assists with completing performance reviews timely.
• Works with clients as necessary to provide support and service.
• Handles phone inquiries from practitioners or members within 24 hours.
• Completes all research necessary to prepare written responses to inquiries from practitioners and health plans within established deadlines.
What makes American Specialty Health (ASH) such an awesome place to work? There are MANY perks, including:
• Offices located across the country in San Diego, Dallas, Indianapolis, and South Carolina
• Healthyroads Coaching® for Weight Management, Tobacco Cessation, and Healthy Living at no cost to employees
• Healthy vending machines
• An onsite fitness center and an exercise room, showers, and locker rooms at our San Diego and Dallas offices, plus discounted gym memberships through the Active&Fit® program
• Incentives program -- employees and spouses can receive discounts on annual health care premiums for reaching specific physical activity goals using wireless activity monitors and completing other healthy activities
• Corporate awards ceremony for employees, featuring an awards presentation that honors ASH employees
• Holiday and employee health challenges with fun incentives
• Onsite health education classes
• Wellness team
• Athletic event reimbursement
American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) is a national health services company that provides population health management programs including prevention and wellness services, specialty health care management programs, and fitness and exercise services to health plans, insurance carriers, employer groups, and trust funds.
Since its inception in 1987, ASH has been based in San Diego and now has regional offices in Dallas and Indianapolis. Currently, ASH has over 1,000 employees. ASH subsidiaries operate in all 50 states, providing access to contracted practitioners with administrative platform for clients. ASH clients include more than 132 health plans nationwide.
In addition, ASH offers employees many opportunities for education and advancement, plus an awards program that honors employee achievement in the areas of Quality, Customer Service, Teamwork and Innovation.
ASH has also been named among the 100 “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare magazine, one of America’s 15 Fittest Companies by Men’s Fitness magazine, a National Business Group on Health Gold “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” award winner, and a California Task Force on Youth and Workplace Wellness Fit Company. More locally, ASH has been named one of San Diego's best places to work by the San Diego Business Journal and San Diego Magazine.
In addition to our more unique health care benefits, we provide employees with a wide array of more traditional benefits. They include:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Matching 401(k) savings and retirement plan
• 11 paid holidays annually
• Paid personal time off to be used for vacation, sick time, etc.
• Life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance
• Employee discounts to local restaurants, movie theaters, fitness clubs, and theme parks
• Public transportation reimbursement (up to $75 per month)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible health care spending account
• Software training classes
• Monthly seminars
• Tuition reimbursement
So why not choose one of its finest companies to work for? Explore our website to find out more about our company, our values, and our open positions. Start changing lives—and your idea of “work”—today!
Please click the link below to apply for the Associate Manager position:
If this current position does not fit your area of expertise, please visit us online to view our current list of available positions. www.ashcompanies.com
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following website http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/ then scroll down to Federal Contractor Corner, Workplace Posters and click on "EEO is the Law".
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities