1963 Corvette Race Car body -rolling chassis - $5900 (ALABAMA)
1963 chevrolet corvette
condition: good cylinders: other drive: rwd fuel: gas paint color: yellow size: full-size title status: parts only transmission: other type: coupe
QR Code Link to This Post
1963 Corvette Replica fiberglass race car Body- Rolling - Vintage Sled/Tractor Pull Car BARN FIND - WOW!. Condition is Used.
L@@KING FOR OUTRIGHT SALE! - OR BEST OFFER!! DON'T BE AFRAID TO MAKE AN OFFER!!
* JOHN HANSEN DRIVER- FULL TILT BODIED 1963 SPLIT WINDOW CORVETTE COUPE*
VEHICLE can be modified for full race or use it for RARE Tractor/Sled Pull Car..
**This is a rare and Vintage REPLICA 1963 Split-Window Fiberglass Race Car - Rolling Chassis. (**THIS IS NOT A REAL CORVETTE BODY - IT'S A REPLICA**)
The Fiberglass is heavy/thick and not a skin or lightweight flexible body. It's reinforced and strengthened throughout the body to make it more rigid and straight. Would make a Killer Pro Mod car too.!
It was located a few months ago sitting in a Junk Yard with a LOT of dirt and trash on it..I brought it home and washed it and nothing else was done to prep it for this sale..
**It's EXACTLY AS i FOUND IT.. NO MODS OR CHANGES..- IT'S A SNAPSHOT OUT OF TIME..
* THE NAME JOHN HANSEN IS PAINTED ON BOTH DOORS AND A REALLY NICE FAMILY FRIEND HAS CONTACTED ME THIS WEEK TO REPORT THAT: "JOHN HANSEN & HIS BROTHER ROBERT HANSEN, WERE OWNERS OF AMERICAN INDUSTRIES - A COMMERCIAL METAL FRAMING AND DRYWALL COMPANY LOCATED IN IN FAIRLAND, INDIANA AND HIS FAMILY WORKED FOR THEM IN THE 1980'S. - HE ALSO RACED A 1984 S10 BLAZER THAT WAS SETUP THE SAME WAY. JOHN USED THIS CAR FOR EXHIBITION PULLS AT THE HOOSIER DOME, AND AT THE STATE FAIR WHEN THEY HAD TRACTOR PULLS - FULL PULLS EVERY TIME!"..HE ALSO REPORTED THAT "THAT IT WAS COOL THE FIRST TIME THAT HE SAW THEM (the cars) SITTING IN THE WAREHOUSES AT THE OFFICE" - AND "HIS BROTHER-IN-LAW STILL HAS ONE OF THE TRANSPORTERS!!".. ... This was sooo cool to have someone that has seen this car before contact me to provide these detail and I'm thankful that he did so the car's history can be preserved!. Both John and Robert Hansen have passed away now and we're forever grateful for their contribution to racing history...
* THIS WOULD MAKE A GREAT PROP FOR A CAR DEALERSHIP - SPEED SHOP - CAR PARTS SHOP - OR RACE TRACK - IT TURNS HEADS WHENEVER ANYONE SEES IT SINCE THEY CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT THOSE WIDE ASS TIRES ARE FOR FOR??
* IF YOU'VE EVER WANTED TO TRY YOUR HAND AT TRACTOR/SLED PULLING - THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO DO IT IN RARE STYLE WITH A CORVETTE..
* The name: JOHN HANSEN is painted on both doors and I'm not sure it it's the same John Hansen Racing found on the Interweb FACEBOOK Page located in Colorado ?..
* Even though the paint is faded in the pics, it can be polished up to a shine. I did not want to impact the pin stripping and graphics by doing so, but I did try it on one small section and the shine came through.
* Still has one battery installed (old) and even the Drive Shaft, most of the wiring, and tires..
* It has HUGE 18.4 wide by 16.1 tall Goodyear tires on the back with 6 inch x 15 tires on the front.
* The molding around the front lower window has turned loose and will need to be screwed or riveted back in place, but it's a simple fix. - see pic.
* ALL of the windows will need to be cleaned/polished or replaced to see out of - I'm sure it's Lexan or some type of Plexiglass.
* It does have nicks, cracks in the fiberglass, chips, peeling paint, faded paint, and other imperfections from OFF ROAD use.
* It will need gauges, fuel cell, batteries and a little wiring to get it going again with a new engine and transmission.
* The front end is a straight axle with rack-in-Pinion steering but it doesn't turn like a regular race car - It's made to go straight!
* The full body tilts with an electric actuator and I'm not sure if it's 12-volts or 24-volts since it uses 2 batteries (CONDITION OF ACTUATOR UNKNOWN) - But you can still raise the full body up and use a board for a prop or pole..
* The frame is a square tube custom heavy duty frame with a chrome shield or aluminum panel overlaying it for looks and protection.
* It has cool DUAL aluminum brake pedals/ master cylinders in the cab for EACH of the rear disc brakes for steering the wheels..
* There is an escape hatch or FLAP in the roof of the Corvette that is easy to open in case of emergency..
* ALL tires are holding air, but would need to be replaced for safety reasons, Front tire rims are mounted for rolling ONLY at this time.
* This is a FULL Corvette REPRODUCTION Fiberglass body even though it looks like it was a "Door Included" body at one point but the fiberglass work is still in good condition..
* BUMPERS ARE MOLDED IN FIBERGLASS - NOT STEEL -
* THERE ARE A FEW ORIGINAL CORVETTE BADGES - THE GAS TANK BADGE DOES NOT FLIP UP SINCE THIS USES A FUEL CELL - LOOK AT PHOTOS FOR MORE INFO..
* i Don't know anything about the rear end or gears as to their condition since I don't know anything about this type of axle.
* NOTHING ELSE IS INCLUDED IN THE AUCTION OTHER THAN WHAT YOU SEE IN THE PICTURES- THERE'S NO HOOD SCOOP OR REAR END HOOKUP COVER!!
*This Vehicle does not come with a title, Only a NOTARIZED Bill of Sale since Alabama doesn't title older cars, or Race cars..But I will work with the Buyer if they need something else if I can.
This Race Car would make a GREAT Promotional vehicle or Prop for a Speed Shop or Car Dealership since it DEMANDS a LOT of Attention where ever it goes...GUARANTEED!
* This Corvette is a Barn Find that I located several months ago and all I did was wash it and prep it for this Sale..I don't know the history of the racer even though I've seen his this name on the Interweb..
* There is some usual racing damage on the body as well as some paint chipping or cracks. SEE PICS!
*** Car also has the original racing weights on the rear end as seen in the photos..
WILL ACCEPT OFFERS, TRADES, FOR ANYTHING INTERESTING - A GOOD TRUCK OR OTHER HOT ROD - T-BUCKET- ROADSTER ETC.- LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE!
****LOOKING FOR A PARTIAL TRADE/SWAP FOR ANY YEAR "DECENT" RUNNING PICKUP TRUCK - T BUCKET - DUNE BUGGY - BOAT - RV - CAMPER - HOT ROD - RAT ROD - MOTOR HOME - RIDING LAWN MOWER - TRACTOR - G*U*N*S* - OR ANYTHING HALF WAY DECENT IN TRADE (except ex-wives, dogs, or children)***
SHIPPING IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER - I'LL HELP IN ANY WAY WITH YOUR SHIPPER OR CAN PROVIDE A NAME OF A LOCAL SHIPPER IF YOU NEED IT DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE SOUTH...
****THERE IS NO WARRANTY - GIVEN OR IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE STATED AS TO THE ABILITY TO RACE THIS VEHICLE - IT'S UP TO THE BUYER TO INSPECT THIS VEHICLE BEFORE THE SALE TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE BUYING - IF YOU NEED MORE PHOTOS PLEASE LET ME KNOW - OF IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
THIS VEHICLE IS LOCATED NEAR GUNTERSVILLE, ALABAMA OFF OF HWY 431 --in Grant, Alabama
VEHICLE SOLD AS-IS- WHERE-IS -!!
****SPAMMERS AND MONEY ORDER BANDITS NEED NOT TRY TO SCAM ME - I'M A PRO AT YOUR GAMES AND IT WON'T WORK OUT FOR YOU ANYWAY!!!! *****
****NOTE*** IF YOU CALL OR LEAVE A MESSAGE I'LL RETURN YOUR CALL SOMETIME IN THE AFTERNOON OR EVENING!
**** - DON'T CALL BEFORE 10AM SINCE I'M TOO BUSY TO ANSWER EARLY CALLS!!! ****
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers