URAC Best Practices Award in Consumer/Patient Safety for “Reduction in Regional Variation of X-ray Utilization”
National Business Group on Health Gold “Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle” Award
“Best Places to Work in San Diego,” San Diego Business Journal
Silver “California Fit Business Award,” California Task Force on Youth and Workplace Wellness
“100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare,” Modern Healthcare
“America’s 15 Fittest Companies,” Men’s Fitness
“10 Best Workplaces in San Diego,” San Diego Magazine
Seven-time honoree of Inc. 5000 “Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America”
“Healthiest Employers in San Diego,” San Diego Business Journal
Ernst & Young “National Entrepreneur of the Year in Health Sciences” Award
“Regional Entrepreneur of the Year in Health Sciences” Award (San Diego)
AHIP (America’s Health Insurance Plans) Innovators Award
Inc. 5000- Fastest Growing Private Companies in America
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Performance Development Coordinator to join our team. This position will to provide classroom training, develop staff, identify training needs, and assist the call center Leadership to meet the training and development needs within the Fitness Call Center.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
• High school diploma required.
• Minimum of one year of progressive experience performing customer service duties.
• Minimum of 1 year as an ASH Fitness Customer Service Associate preferred.
• Must meet or exceed all Fitness Customer Service Agent job accountabilities in past 3 months.
• Must have demonstrated a thorough understanding of ASH policies and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of all software programs utilized by Customer Service Agents.
• Prior training experience preferred.
• Must demonstrate leadership characteristics.
• Proficient computer skills including word processing, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and data entry required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to present information to small groups.
• Demonstrates peer leadership characteristics
• Provide training to new and existing Customer Service Agents in all topics relating to contact handling.
• Ensure classrooms/equipment are booked and properly prepared prior to the start of training.
• Ensure new hire Agent system accesses are complete and working prior to the start of training.
• Ensure trainees comply with classroom policies and procedures at all times.
• Ensure each trainee is adequately prepared to meet established key job accountabilities relating to the material trained.
• Quantify agent proficiency and accountabilities and provide feedback to Supervisor for coaching.
• Complete training evaluation for each Agent and provide to Agent Supervisor upon completion of New Hire training.
• Advise Supervisor, Training and Quality of changes/updates needed to training material according to documented processes, procedures and new/updated information.
• Perform as classroom proctor when training is facilitated from a different site.
• Assist in Agent development and improvement.
• Assist Supervisors in coaching, mentoring and otherwise supporting struggling Agents to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Evaluate Customer Service Agents regarding contact handling skills and work habits to assess strengths and areas needing improvement.
• Reinforce concepts, processes, and other information presented in classroom training.
• Identify specific training and/or documentation needs stemming from interactions and quality review and provide them to the Supervisor, Training and Quality.
• Meet regularly with Supervisors regarding Agent performance.
• Assist QR team during absences or when requested.
• Take calls when requested.
• Attend and participate in staff and other meetings.
What makes American Specialty Health (ASH) such an awesome place to work? There are MANY perks, including:
• Offices located across the country in San Diego, Dallas, Indianapolis, and South Carolina
• Healthyroads Coaching® for Weight Management, Tobacco Cessation, and Healthy Living at no cost to employees
• Healthy vending machines
• An onsite fitness center and an exercise room, showers, and locker rooms at our San Diego and Dallas offices, plus discounted gym memberships through the Active&Fit® program
• Incentives program -- employees and spouses can receive discounts on annual health care premiums for reaching specific physical activity goals using wireless activity monitors and completing other healthy activities
• Corporate awards ceremony for employees, featuring an awards presentation that honors ASH employees
• Holiday and employee health challenges with fun incentives
• Onsite health education classes
• Wellness team
• Athletic event reimbursement
American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) is a national health services company that provides population health management programs including prevention and wellness services, specialty health care management programs, and fitness and exercise services to health plans, insurance carriers, employer groups, and trust funds.
Since its inception in 1987, ASH has been based in San Diego and now has regional offices in Dallas and Indianapolis. Currently, ASH has over 1,000 employees. ASH subsidiaries operate in all 50 states, providing access to contracted practitioners with administrative platform for clients. ASH clients include more than 132 health plans nationwide.
In addition, ASH offers employees many opportunities for education and advancement, plus an awards program that honors employee achievement in the areas of Quality, Customer Service, Teamwork and Innovation.
ASH has also been named among the 100 “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare magazine, one of America’s 15 Fittest Companies by Men’s Fitness magazine, a National Business Group on Health Gold “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” award winner, and a California Task Force on Youth and Workplace Wellness Fit Company. More locally, ASH has been named one of San Diego's best places to work by the San Diego Business Journal and San Diego Magazine.
In addition to our more unique health care benefits, we provide employees with a wide array of more traditional benefits. They include:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Matching 401(k) savings and retirement plan
• 11 paid holidays annually
• Paid personal time off to be used for vacation, sick time, etc.
• Life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance
• Employee discounts to local restaurants, movie theaters, fitness clubs, and theme parks
• Public transportation reimbursement (up to $75 per month)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible health care spending account
• Software training classes
• Monthly seminars
• Tuition reimbursement
So why not choose one of its finest companies to work for? Explore our website to find out more about our company, our values, and our open positions. Start changing lives—and your idea of “work”—today!
Please click the link below to apply for the Performance Development Coordinator position:
If this current position does not fit your area of expertise, please visit us online to view our current list of available positions. www.ashcompanies.com
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following website http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/ then scroll down to Federal Contractor Corner, Workplace Posters and click on "EEO is the Law".
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers