As a Quality Engineer, you have the chance to make a considerable difference in the quality, superiority and reliability of our products. Your responsibilities will be centered around analyzing, testing and reporting on a product’s overall function. The feedback you carefully compile will be used to modify, strengthen and better our product line to provide customers with an outstanding result. Whether you are testing parts or components, diagnosing problems, or collaborating with your team, you have the unprecedented opportunity to revolutionize our products and processes. If you are seeking a position that will help you develop critical skills like communication and critical thinking, then this job is just what you are looking for.
Quality Engineers provide NPI quality support during initial planning, create required inspection work instructions in support of QMS, and provide statistical information for quality improvements. The individual chosen for this opportunity must be self-motivated, very detailed, a team player, and capable of working on several projects simultaneously.
If this is not an accurate description of who you are, please do not apply—this position is not a good fit.
• Develops quality planning documentation in support of New Product Induction (NPI), liaison alongside Process Engineering in support of NPI programs.
• Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying improvements relevant to manufacturing processes.
• Manages First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) as per AS9102 and customer requirements.
• Investigates Customer issues via root cause and corrective action (RCCA) methodologies.
• Experienced in both Internal and External Auditing.
• Knowledgeable of third party accreditation (e.g., NADCAP, ISO/AS Registrars, etc.).
• Knowledge or experience working within ISO9001/AS9100 QMS’s.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Perform all tasks and duties as assigned
• Bachelor Degree/Technical Degree or 5 years experience
• Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce and GE experience preferred
• Strong computer skills required
• Competence with Microsoft Office
• Understanding of GD&T and CMM experience a plus
• Understanding of Tooling and Fixturing Concepts a plus
• Able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds on a daily basis
• Able to bend, twist, turn, carry, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, etc
• Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods
• Able to successfully pass vision screens
• Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Ferco Aerospace will require proof of status prior to employment.
We offer competitive benefits, 401K matching, paid time-off, and paid holidays.
Company: Ferco Aerospace is a leading producer of high strength brackets, tubes, and other exotic metal fabrications for aerospace and industrial gas turbine engines. Ferco Aerospace consists of two affiliated business units Ferco Tech and L&E Engineering. We are a member of Novaria Group, a cohesive family of component companies, that consistently deliver optimum performance and sustainable growth with the aerospace and defense marketplace.