compensation: 20.00 employment type: part-time telecommuting ok
QR Code Link to This Post
Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in litigation or litigation-related practices. We are looking for someone who has experience drafting items such as simple pleadings, client communications and cover letters, ordering records such as property searches, finalizing outgoing correspondence and legal packages, e-filing and physical court filing, calendaring, and general case management. If you have at least three years of paralegal experience with these tasks, have previously assisted attorneys virtually for at least one year, pay meticulous attention to the details, and are looking for a long-term, part-time virtual paralegal role, we want to hear from you!
Our client is a law firm specializing in elder law and assists older adults and their caretakers with issues surrounding Medicaid eligibility and benefits. We are looking for a paralegal with 20 hours/week of availability to assist with their practice. Prior experience with elder law is not a requirement, but familiarity with litigation practice is required. Examples include experience ordering records, interfacing with regulatory authorities, preparing and finalizing legal correspondence, handling service, working with clients to complete documentation, and managing multiple files.
In this role, you would be supporting different attorneys. They would expect you to be highly responsive to their requests for assistance, with some of these requests needing to be completed the same day. You should also be able to handle printing and mailing via a courier like UPS or FedEx. Expenses for paper and postage would be reimbursed.
More about our company:
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide long-term paralegal, administrative and marketing support. Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing lasting relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications throughout the business day (Monday through Friday, 9am – 6pm Eastern) within one hour by email, phone, and text. You should also be available to complete tasks and work on projects during the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee (W2) of Equivity, not an independent contractor (1099). We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $20 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years of recent experience supporting attorneys in litigation or litigation-related practice
• Experience ordering records
• Experience drafting subpoenas and affidavits, and assisting with service
• Experience with calendaring, filing e-filing, and case management
• 1+ year working in a completely virtual role
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills
• Expert proficiency with utilizing all programs within Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Experience editing, bookmarking, and indexing PDFs
• Experience using cloud-based practice management software, preferably Clio or MyCase
• Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM, Monday – Friday (in Eastern Time Zone)
• Your own laptop, smart phone, and printer with broadband access to Internet
• Ability to mail legal documents via courier such as FedEx or UPS
• Quiet location in which to take phone calls
Qualities we are looking for:
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently with limited oversight
Equivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equivity is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Equivity are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national original, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Equivity will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers