QR Code Link to This Post
Volt is looking for Experience Mill Operator on the South Side of Indy ( Beech Grove ):
The plant processes wheat into flour and feed products. The process operates continuously and is staffed seven days per week, twenty-four hours per day
- Entry level/training position leading to mill operator I (candidate must be willing and able to advance within the milling department)
- Perform operational duties in an industrial, wheat processing facility
- Set-up, adjust, and monitor various processing machinery
- Continuously assess operating conditions and make process adjustments as needed to keep critical product specifications
- Monitor and control HACCP points
- Perform necessary GMP and cleaning duties, may also include cleaning and repairing machinery, and other duties as assigned
- Flour milling is a skilled field requiring the operator to possess knowledge, skill, and troubleshooting expertise. The successful candidate must work diligently to gain expert knowledge in operational process in order to produce a quality finished product and be able to trouble shoot potential process problems
- Demonstrate the ability and flexibility to learn new jobs
- The candidate must have the ability to understand direction and accomplish detailed tasks with little supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required for this position.
Physical and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Basic understanding of computers, math comprehension and previous plant environment is helpful
- Must have the ability to climb stairs, lift, bend, kneel, stand for long periods, work in confined spaces, work with heights, and work long hours in harsh environments (hot, cold temperatures and a dusty conditions).
- Exhibit good work habits, including excellent attendance and individual productivity
- This position will work rotating shifts including weekends
Day Shift: 7:00 A -3:00p
Second Shift : 3:00p – 11:00pm
Third Shift 11:00p – 7:00a
Pay 16.84 Hour
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer