QR Code Link to This Post
Position: Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technician (3rd shift, 10p-630a. Mon-Fri)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Status: Long Term Contract (Temp to hire)
Be a part of the maintenance team for a Fortune 500 company on the Northwest side of Indianapolis. This facility specializes in ear protection and soundproofing materials for many industries used worldwide. We are looking for someone who is highly skilled in troubleshooting electrical components for production equipment.
- Work from daily production summaries, work orders, maintenance history reports, drawings, sketches, schematics, equipment manuals, written and verbal instructions to plan, organize, assign, assist and check work done by mechanic staff.
- Work with plant engineers & maintenance dept; fabrication & prototype builds
- Complete work orders detailing actions taken and materials used.
- Design, fabricate and assemble unique machine parts
- Troubleshoot PLC components as needed
- Review and evaluate equipment performance
- Identify irregularities, trends and deficiencies, determine root cause;
- Research and specify best method to correct deficiency
- Respond to engineering requests for planned equipment changes
- Maintain record and shop supply inventory, order additional supplies
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Operate lathe, mill, horizontal and vertical saw, pipe threader, multimeter, PLC input devices, various precision and general measuring devices, maintenance, machining and production equipment.
- Detect and report equipment malfunctions
- Maintain necessary records.
- High school graduate or equivalent Trade, craft or occupation, or equivalent to a 4-year technical preferred.
- Previous Industrial Maintenance experience with a strong electrical background.
- Electronic, pneumatic, and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and repair background (PLCs, AC and DC drives, injection molding machinery including repair, installation, modification, and adjustments)
- Experience with extruding, mixing, compounding, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance, Reliability Centered Maintenance, CMMS exp highly preferred.
- Operational knowledge of general machining and fabrication equipment, including lathe, drills, saws, and welding.
Please contact Matt Haltom at (317) 599-4898 for any questions and more details regarding this position..
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer