Posted

print

favorite this post Dunes Inn (Michigan city, indiana) (Michigan City, Indiana) hide this posting unhide

Stayed at the Inn July 4-6. Woke up Saturday morning to a gas leak and we ended up contacting the fire department after alerting the rest of the guests. We exited the building and waited for emergency services. The owners did not return our calls but finally arrived.

The cause of the leak was apparently human error as they accidentally left a burner on in the kitchen on the first floor. The gas company indicated the gas level was a 6 of a range of 14. Anything over 4 could trigger an explosion and we were lucky in my opinion.

The owner was a tool and offered no apology and told us we would not be charged for the morning’s entertainment.
We spent approximately 2+ hours outside in the parking lot waiting for them to clear the gas and clear the building. The emergency services and gas company were awesome. The owner and manager offered zero apology or expressed any concern for our safety. The room was not cheap and they offered no room discount or reimbursement for inconveniences.

I feel lucky that we survived and everyone got out before it blew up.

BTW: there is a gas fireplace on the first floor and the pilot light was lit the whole time.
The first fire department person on the scene stopped and did not enter when he could smell the gas approximately15ft from the front door which we had left opened.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 6932634133

posted:

best of [?]