The Facilities Manager is responsible for the short and long-term facility management needs of
All Souls Unitarian Church's facility and property, and the execution of a long-term facility
The contractor agrees to do the following activities on a weekly basis:
1) Walk through the entirety of All Souls' facility to identify any needs.
2) Perform small, routine maintenance or repairs that present themselves (including light
electrical, light plumbing, painting, etc), or ensure that volunteers complete them
3) Notify office of larger repairs that are needed.
4) Execute any tasks in the preventative maintenance plan, according to its schedule.
5) Ensure that weekly custodial work is being performed sufficiently.
6) Provide weekly reports of activities and needs to office.
The contractor agrees to do the following activities on a regular or as needed basis:
1) For larger or emergency repairs, develop project specifications, solicit project bids,
consult with various trade and contractor representatives, determine satisfactory project
completion and approve of expenditure requests.
2) Communicate with team overseeing capital campaign, and stay apprised of their plans so
as to coordinate any facility work.
3) Communicate the schedule of any repairs and improvements with the church office, so
that the office can proper manage space usage.
4) Ensures recommended seasonal maintenance on buildings heating and air conditioning
systems and our gutters are performed.
5) Ensure the execution of duties by snow removal and lawn care companies.
6) Ensure the monthly and semi-annual custodial work is being completed sufficiently;
7) Monitors buildings' compliance with applicable building codes and fire safety
8) Diagnose equipment problems, replace and repair parts, make adjustments to equipment.
9) Advise minister, staff, and appropriate congregational bodies on any recommendations
for better facility care.
10) Submit an annual budget estimate for supplies and services (both one's contract work and
by other contractors.)
The contractor's work will reflect the following professional standards:
1) Proper execution of building repairs;
2) Timely, effective, informed communications with All Souls;
3) Solid management of referred out work;
4) Ability to work collaboratively with the staff team and key volunteers;
4) Meeting all deadlines.
Ability to perform efficiently the duties listed above using appropriate materials,
supplies, and equipment, and following stands safety procedures.
Ability to communicate via email, and respond to emergency building situations.
Standard general professional knowledge of electrical, plumbing, AC/HVAC, and
Prior relevant experience.
The contractor will work 10 hours per week and be paid in equal monthly installments of $700 for completed duties, for an annual total not to exceed $8400 for services. All Souls will supply or reimburse for needed supplies and equipment. Time sheets will be submitted by contractor on a bi-weekly or monthly basis. The contractor will function as a self-employed, independent agent for all legal and tax purposes. No benefits are associated with this position. For no more than four weeks a year, the contractor, with advance notice and for no pay, can be excused from execution of the above duties.
LENGTH OF CONTRACT:
This initial contract is for 52 weeks, from October, 2018 to October, 2019, after which it
can be renewed by mutual consent of both parties.
If the contractor fails to produce the above work products, according to professional standards,
by the deadlines listed above, All Souls may cancel contract. The contractor can also exit the
contract with two weeks' notice. Amending contract can also occur by written agreement by both
Start Date: October, 2018
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers